PRIVACY AND OTHER POLICIES
(Effective January 14, 2014 / Last Updated August 7, 2018)
SPECTRUM, LLC. and its business name (collectively referred to in this Privacy Statement as “we” or “LearnSpectrum”) recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of all information provided by users of our web sites, registrants for our classes, recipients of our e-mail newsletters and all other customers of our products and services. This Privacy Statement discloses the privacy practices for all products and services of LearnSpectrum.
LearnSpectrum has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: www.learnspectrum.com.
This policy describes the type of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.learnspectrum.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not you use our Website. By accessing or using Website, you agree to this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website
- In email, text, and phone or other electronic messages between you and LearnSpectrum representatives.
- From your registration request for external training courses delivered by one of our partners or another training provider.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
LearnSpectrum reserves the right to and may change this policy from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled training event for any training arranged by LearnSpectrum (public instructor-led enrollments, virtual/distance learning, private engagements or other events processed through LearnSpectrum), please contact your representative at 1.888.682.9485. Your training confirmation and/or agreement will outline your Cancellation/Reschedule Policy as set forth by the training vendor of your registered event. LearnSpectrum mirrors the exact policies of our training vendors and has no ability to waive or void any clause to their policies. Rescheduling is permitted where applicable; please consult your training confirmation for all information to these policies.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
“Personal Information” means information associated with or used to identify or contact a specific person. Personal Information includes (1) contact data (such as email address, telephone number and employers); (2) demographic data (such as gender, date of birth, or zip code) and (3) certain Usage Data (defined below), such as IP address, user generated content or purchases.
“Usage Information” or “Usage Data” is information about an individual’s online activity that, by itself, does not identify the individual, such as browser type, operating system, top viewed and visited pages and links on our web site, top entry and exit points, number of form completions, time spent on pages, top downloads, top keywords used offsite to lead customers to our website, information collected via cookies, and other device event information such as system activity, crashes, and hardware settings.
Generally, we do not consider Usage Data as Personal Information because Usage Data by itself usually does not identify an individual. Personal Information and Usage Data may be linked together. Different types of Usage Information also may be linked together and, once linked, may identify an individual person. Also, some Usage Data may be Personal Information under applicable law.
We collect information from you when you
- Use the Website: We collect Personal Information and Usage Data from you when you submit a request using any of our web forms, contact us for help or information or otherwise provide your Personal Information, or request other services.
- Request enrollment, pricing, or other information via phone or email. When registering for an instructor-led class, distance learning event of any kind, conference or other service LearnSpectrum provides, users must first submit personal information. During registration, users are required to give their contact information (such as name, e-mail address, mailing address and phone number). For internal purposes, we use this information to communicate with users and provide requested services, and, for our website visitors, to provide a more personalized experience on our sites. We also may collect demographic information (such as job title and company information). We use aggregate demographic information about our audience to improve our service, for marketing purposes and/or industry reporting purposes. For our services that require payment, we also collect billing information and in some instances credit card information (such as account name, number and expiration date), which is used for our or our agent’s billing purposes only, and is not otherwise shared.
- Usage Data:We also automatically collect Usage Data when you interact with the Website, complete a customer satisfaction or market research survey, make a purchase/complete a transaction. Whenever you use the Website or the services, we use the location information from your mobile device or browser to tailor the services and website experience to your location.
If users wish to subscribe to our e-mail newsletters, we ask for contact information (such as name, e-mail address and, occasionally, demographic information). We use this information in the same manner as we use contact information in the registration and ordering process described above. Recipients of our newsletters can unsubscribe using the instructions listed at the end of the e-mail newsletter.
We have features where our customers can submit information to us (such as our customer portals, surveys, etc.). Where such submissions include requests for service, support or information, we may forward them, as needed, to best respond to the specific request. In addition, we may retain e-mails and other information sent to us for our internal administrative purposes, and to help us to serve customers better.
DIGITAL DATA COLLECTION
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons.Pages of our Website and our system generated e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We use the Personal Information that we collect to operate, improve, and personalize the Website and services including to provide customer service, customize our advertising and marketing, to detect, prevent and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activities. You agree that we may use your Personal Information as follows:
- to provide the services to you;
- to fulfil any other purpose for which you provided it;
- to operate, improve and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, or and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Services;
- to communicate with you, either via email, telephone, text (SMS) messages (if applicable based on your consent), postal mail, or otherwise as authorized by you to inform you about the Services, special offers, etc.. Message and data rates may apply.
- to better understand how users access and use the website and services, for the purposes of trying to improve the Website and services and to respond to user preferences, including language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to users’ usage of the services;
- to help us develop our new products and services and improve our existing products and services;
- to provide users with advertising and direct marketing that is more relevant to you;
- to assess the effectiveness of and improve advertising and other marketing and promotional activities on or in connection with the Services.
- for any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our training partners and other training companies (to process your training registration)
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- For legal purposes: We also may share information that we collect from users, as needed, to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share Personal Information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
Please note that for the purposes of seeking to provide our users with a better experience and to improve the Website and services, information collected through the website and services may, subject to user privacy controls, be used in an aggregated or individualized manner. For example, personal information collected during use of one of the website or other services may be used to suggest particular content that can be made available to the user on another of the services or be used to try to present more relevant advertising in another of part of the Website or Services.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
LearnSpectrum maintains information on our clients’ employees for whom we have processed training registrations or delivered quotes. If you would like to see the information LearnSpectrum retains about you, please see email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. As a part of the service we provide, we have to disclose your information to third party training companies, but this is only for the purposes of processing your training enrollment or related service/purchase. We make every effort to ensure this information is not used for direct marketing, but we do not control these third parties’ privacy policies. If you believe one of our training partners or training providers that we do business with has violated a state, federal, or international privacy law, please email us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION (OPT-OUT)
In order to provide the services we offer to our clients, we must maintain contact information on students and others who request quote information. We will always obtain your active “opt-in” before sending you marketing communications. If, at any time, you do not wish to receive marketing material, every marketing e-mail will include an opt-out link at the bottom or you may notify us in writing (see Contact Us section).
To opt-out of Interest-Based Ads, please disable cookies through your browser settings
We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to us or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (703) 757-8200 or (888) 682-9485 and ask for the Operations Director.
We use reasonable precautions to protect our customers’ personal information and to store it securely. Sensitive information that is transmitted to us online is encrypted and is transmitted to us securely. In addition, access to all of our customers’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Finally, the servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment maintained in the United States. We do not store any credit card information on our sites.
Our web sites contain links to other sites. LearnSpectrum is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each web site to which we may link that may collect personally identifiable information.
Access to any other Internet site linked to this Web Site is at the user’s own risk and LearnSpectrum is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice or statements made on these sites. LearnSpectrum provides these links merely as a convenience and the inclusion of such links does not imply an endorsement.
BRANDING AND TRADEMARKS
The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on this web site are the property of LearnSpectrum or other third parties. Users are not permitted to use these Marks without the prior written consent of LearnSpectrum or such third party which may own the Mark.
Trademarks or registered trademarks of Spectrum LLC:
- LearnSpectrum, the LearnSpectrum logo, or the Spectrum Training Brokers logo
Trademarks or registered trademarks of Amazon Web Services, Inc.:
- AWS, Amazon CloudFront, Amazon Redshift, AWS CloudFormation, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, Amazon Elastic MapReduce
Registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries:
- CCDA, CCDP, CCIE, CCIP, CCNA, CCNP, Cisco, Cisco Systems, the Cisco Systems logo, IOS, LightStream
Trademarks or registered trademarks of Citrix.:
- Citrix logo, XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler
Trademarks of Cloudera:
- Cloudera and the Cloudera logo
Trademarks or registered trademarks of the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA):
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA i-Net+ certification program logos
Registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation (“IBM”):
- AIX, Cognos, DB2, Emptoris, IBM, Informix, InfoSphere, Lotus, PowerHA, PureSystems, Rational, SPSS, System x, System z, Tivoli, WebSphere
Registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc.:
- Juniper Networks, the Juniper Networks logo, JUNOS, JUNOSe, Steel-Belted Radius, NetScreen, and ScreenOS.
Trademarks or registered trademarks of Hewlett-Packard.:
- Hewlett Packard logo, HP logo
Registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation:
- Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Windows, Windows NT, Windows Vista, Active Directory, SharePoint, SQL Server
Trademarks or registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation.:
- Oracle logo, Oracle University logo, Oracle Education, Hyperion, Seibel, Java, Middleware, Solaris, Peoplesoft, Primavera
Trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp.:
- NetApp logo
Registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.:
- PMI, PMP, CAPM, PgMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-SP, PMI-RMP, PMBOK, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo
Trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc.:
- Red Hat, Red Hat Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Trademarks or registered trademarks of VMware, Inc.:
- VMware, the VMware logo, Virtual SMP, VMotion
Trademarks or registered trademarks of AXELOS:
- ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
- PRINCE® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
- PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
- PRINCE2 Agile® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks mentioned in this web site are the property of their respective owners.
If we change our Privacy Statement, we will update this page so our users are aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under which circumstances, if any, we disclose it. Users should check this policy frequently to keep abreast of any changes.
For questions about this Privacy Statement, contact:
Spectrum LLC (LearnSpectrum)
Attention: Privacy – Operations Director
9912 Georgetown Pike, Suite D203
Great Falls, VA 22066